It's Time for the Vacillator!

Sunday, December 11, 2005

I have started drinking more than necessary again these past few weeks. Stress induced. First I decided not to continue with my graduate studies, as mentioned below. Then, I received some news. Important news. The freshman writing curriculum will be tweaked next fall. A different professor will be teaching the course new writing instructors at UWM must take. Things will be changing. I think I will like the program much more now. Maybe. I hope. Can’t be sure. Really can hope. So I formulated a new plan last Thursday night. I will take one class in the Spring, one I will have to pay for, but it sounds like an interesting class and I have to be in school to be considered for a TAship for next Fall. If I am not granted at TAship I am definitely leaving UWM. I’m not paying for more than one year of coursework. It’s ridiculous. I am more than qualified for a TAship. I’ve taught for three years! So it’s in their hands I guess. I’m going to get letters for my application, I’m going to try hard. I think I should try. I haven’t been trying hard. I don’t try hard enough. Damn I’d achieve so much if I did, because I do pretty well when I just do the minimum. If I hadn’t received this news, I’d be filling out a withdrawal from study form. It seems meant to be, somehow.

Friday was four hours at Foundation chatting WCZ’s ear off and talking to my ex-neighbor who is a sorta garage rock band that I like. A Racinian was performing DJ duties. I drank 2 huge glasses of wine during a very enjoyable dinner at Villa Roma with the monkey, the monkey’s mom, and E. 2 huge glasses at the bar. Too much. My bagel is going to start expanding again and I’ve been managing to keep it at bay! Fuck the bagel! I want a mini bagel.

Saturday was waking up late and therefore getting a late start on Project 1, presentation due Monday night. Then I went to UWM by myself to see my friends’ hardcore band. A benefit for an animal rights group at UWM. They kept projecting those gruesome videos on the wall, of cows hanging from the ceiling of some barn, building, I don’t know. Hanging upside down, a rope tied around one hind leg. Pigs being stepped on and bludgeoned. It’s a fucking absolutely fucking horrible thing to see. Seeing that kind of shit is what made me go vegetarian so many years ago, and now I am lame again and eat chicken and turkey and fish. Maybe I should stop. I don’t want to though. Even if I did stop eating meat, there will always be more people who eat meat. The animal abuse will not cease. There has to be another way to fight this. Humane treatment of the animals before slaughter. It shouldn’t be such a difficult context. Fucking America.

Anyway. I felt old at the show, but inwardly glad that new kids are building on my old scene. I still like that hardcore RAWR stuff every now and then though. Helps release some angst. During my friends’ band, some kids started a circle mosh pit during their last song. When the band stopped, the pit abruptly dispersed. Pretty funny stuff.

After that show, I went home to eat a fucking CHICKEN pot pie and chill a bit before heading to the Mad Planet to see this band Red Knife Lottery that I’d heard was good the night before, from my ex-neighbor. Got on the guest list. They were good. Such young kids, but good energy, no pretense. They will only get better, too. I was so tired, but stayed chatting with the ex neighbor and then my one who got away showed, looking all nice and dressed up, trying to kill me I guess. My head’s still a little spinny from that encounter. I thought I forced that shit to die but apparently not. Lucky me.

So it’s Sunday now and I haven’t done a damn thing on my project. Got distracted at the Crackpot in the early afternoon. Enjoying my friend’s zany dad because I haven’t seen him in so long. Him and all of his talk about slutty girlfriends. He wanted to make sure he was caught up on all of my gossip. My head was pounding all day. Guess seeing 6 bands in one night could do that to an old lady like me. Tomorrow I guess, will get up early, worked the editing job tonight so I’ll have to work less tomorrow. I need to get some fucking rest, but first will watch the episode of South Park where Cartman’s cat is in heat. Kittty what are you doing what is wrong with you kitty baaaddddddddddddd kitty!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home