It's Time for the Vacillator!

Sunday, January 15, 2006

I am so fucking frantic, even though I got outside a bit today with Sassyj and her son it was windy and felt so good to me but chilly to them, dressed not warmly enough. I don’t know enough about children sometimes. Errands driving store driving south side back home eating turkey thanksgiving turkey deli slices sleepy syllabus writing hurry two days left writing and rewriting adding more detail more specific expectations printing the readings for the first currents events reading and discussion; MLK Jr Letter from Birmingham Jail and a JS piece about that fucking mob beating. Dude was buying crack. Still doesn’t make it right. So too much turkey now it’s lemon ginger tea and soon foundation for drinks which I shouldn’t do but I cant fucking calm down in the house it’s been impossible all week. Dunno if it’s the NYC energy still in me, the quick walking rush everywhere pace. Dunno could be. Bought my new grade book feeling so teacher dorky why can’t I fully and comfortably don this role? Must try must try because I can DO this shit I can do it it will be meaningful. I feel so good about discussing MLK on the first day of the weekly 5 hr long class, since it’s MLK Jr Day tomorrow and all. Certainly cliché but a necessary one; students should be exposed!

Man I haven’t even had time to write about my NYC trip which sucks. The feeling might be gone by time I have time. At least I have some notes to start me off. Got back and immediately began Milwaukee style socializing. Tues to redroom to terrorize Stoic with Yells Alot. Fought with Stoic about Thin Lizzy. Man they inspire passionate hate, as well as devoted admiration. Weds to Polish Falcon with The Promoter, such a good good Milwaukee evening. The Falcon is so tackily charming, its old school/old timer patrons equally. Sitting too close to us was Whispering Jeff, a man who talks so fucking loudly you want to put in earplugs but not leave because the shit that comes out of his mouth can be highly amusing. Talking all about the guys his age who are dried up prunes now because you know there’s no content they don’t do shit they’re repeaters, the same story repeats all the time. Talking about fish fry at Klingers the owner’s try to bust his friend’s gut by forcing so much fried cod down his gullet. I kept picturing my friend’s equally loud and insane father blowharding alongside this guy but turns out Purveyor of Drunken Sluts can’t stand this whispering Jeff. Competition? My Promoter friend is so awesome but so so out of reach. I know that most times and sometimes I just get wistful and then other times allow myself hopefulness and that’s just silly. Gotta move on. Friends is ok though.

Thurs was chicken wing bday night for Sassyj at Steny’s, a horrible yet spacious bar featuring many pool tables and various other video and pinball games (golf but no buck hunter the fools!) that allows patrons to drink free when it’s their birthday, and not swill either, anything they choose! Sassyj downed a steady supply of Heineken all evening while wearing her ‘warning: I drink for free‘ fluorescent orange crossing guard vest mandated by Steny’s management. I ate chicken their sandwich it was not good. The wings were tolerable that’s the only thing I’ll ever eat there but even eating four or five fucks up my gut. So addictive though those little chicken wings.

Friday was working all day then really just sleeping through the night starting at 7:30. I was just worn down. Need to feel more used to being busy, shouldn’t fuck me up so much. Saturday syllabi writing hell all afternoon break to head to store to find TC and DiNO to find out the plans….I was set up on a date like get to know each other thing. Very thoughtful of DiNO. Drinks at Lulu, such a lovely space, so adult and just all around good, then fucking huge pancakes and good true hash browns at the Bayview diner and our waitress slapped this college looking boy upside the head as we were paying up. Knew him well I suppose. Date was ok. We talked more to TC and DiNO than each other, he was nervous (and skinny! God!) I guess I was quiet calm, noisy and verbose as usual but calm about the event taking place. don’t know, was nice, we’ll see. Need some gotta get some more immediately though, gotta hatcha plan. This franticness needs to dissolve!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home