It's Time for the Vacillator!

Friday, February 24, 2006

I finally saw Walk the Line tonight, for $3.75 at the Budget Cinema in Oak Creek! June Carter Cash is my new hero. She was such a sassy bitch, just like me. I loved it when she told Johnny, "It's not even quarter til the right time." I'm gonna use that one some day, I swear. I also loved it when she threw the beer bottles at her drunken louses of bandmates. And that she didn't give into him more quickly. Reese Witherspoon was pretty good. Joaquin was good too, but he's played similar roles, that of a tortured man, and his facial expressions just looked like Joaquin's, not Johnny's. It made me want to learn more about both of them though. I'd give it a C+/B-. It had a really cheesy, formulaic ending. Guess that's to be expected...It took those two so long to get it together. He was all fucked up. But they had it...the next 35 years proved it. It wasn't one of those things where one person saves the other and the saved person abuses that care, takes advantage I mean, and leaves. This meant something real. SO rare. I would have liked to seen more about the recording of the albums and less of his drug problem though. And also Jerry Lee Lewis and Elvis were so blatantly miscast. Why the fuck didn't the director see that? Some dude that looked like a skinny Brad Pitt with bad bleached orangey blonde Depeche Mode hair for Lewis and that scrawny wanna be from One Tree Hill as Elvis? Sure Johnny has to stand out, but when the audience should feel like they're seeing all of these old great musicians....not just June and Johnny.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home