It's Time for the Vacillator!

Sunday, February 04, 2007

Ubiquitous is ubiquitous!
Apparently, using this term ubiquitous is trendy. I have seen it used in many different places. I should start making a list. Some of the uses just seem a little too...contrived. Like this headline on the Every day with Rachel Ray magazine cover: The ubiquitous Jimmy Kimmel! (DUMB title! I saw it while waiting for my friend to check out at Office Depot) Okay, yeah, I get it, he must be featured on a lot of other shows or in interviews or whatever lately, Jimmy Kimmel is everywhere, but I think they could've come up with something more creative. It's no easy task to scribe catchy, three-six letter headlines, I'm sure, but saying everything is everywhere all of the time is starting to work my nerves.

Man, I'd like to have enough energy to do more than rant when I write...but since I don't right now--what the fuck is up with this product Slimage? Seriously...."get your body back...with slimage!" There's a fucking umlaut (sp) over the a for emphasis, even. For fuck's fucking sakes. I shut the TV off after the commercial started. I'm assuming one is supposed to imbibe it then immediately the pounds crumble off your body--the thighs, the ass, the belly, no extra flesh there anymore. I am feeling pretty flabby myself after eating Palomino food yesterday and sausage pizza tonight, but I will NOT be ordering Slimage!

Finally, this film Black Snake Moan or whatever the fuck it's called--Samuel L Jackson chains Christina Ricci to his house--literally--while she is clad in only her skivvies and ripped half shirt. He does this to cure her of her "itch" to fuck every guy who slighly entices her. Can anyone say misogynist? I think I am going to have to see this fucking movie to back up the above claim, but I don't want to. I don't want to give into raunch culture exploitation of women (I am halfway through Female Chauvinist Pigs right now and I'm digging it)! I don't want to ENJOY oogling Ricci's skinny little half naked frame. But I sort of do. I sort of want to keep looking at her. Mind you, she's also been beaten and generally looks like shit. The film's by the guy who did Hustle and Flow, which I thought was good, but felt a little weird watching it, wondering how the film was researched, if it was at all. Written by a white guy, never a pimp. Weird. Anyway, I am exhausted. Anyone who wants to not want to oogle Ricci also can check out a trailer for the film on its my space site.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home