It's Time for the Vacillator!

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Last night I went to see Shellac and Uzeda down at MSOE. My good friend Rob set it up. I thought Uzeda's performance was superior to Shellac's. They were more intense, and they sounded better. Shellac were being too goofy for my tastes--well Albini and Weston were. They chit chatted a lot, and while Albini was either tuning or replacing a broken string--I couldn't see--Weston started up this question and answer session with the crowd They were funny, for sure, and it's always refreshing to see/hear a band break down some barriers and interact with the crowd, but it went on too long, I thought. They really jabbed at the dude who asked them what kind of microphone they use to record acoustic performances. Albini said no nerd fodder, no information to post up on your blog! I liked that, cause look at me now, I'm posting on my blog....Someone asked them if they had ever been to outer space and Weston deadpanned, YES, and with his large frame and neon-ish wristbands, you'd believe him. Oh! Another thing I liked is when the audience member were shouting out questions pertaining to the Touch & Go music fest that occurred in Chicago over the weekend, Albini was like, they're just trying to show how cool they are, don't let them shame you hard working Wisconsinites who had family obligations. I'm not quoting verbatim here, but something like that. It's cool Albini totally cuts right through that sort of stupid pretense.

I got to meet two of the people from Uzeda, and the cutest one kissed my cheek. Gotta love European custom! And I got to see several eye candy boys, and I met a girl with these awesome cat tattoos. Really, a good time.

****

Ok so I just heard about the gang rape of that 11 year old HIV + girl. 19 men raped her. Fucking NPR commentator said "had sex with." I HATE THAT SHIT. Saying "had sex with" infers it was a consenual act. Clearly, this was not consenual. Even if the girl agreed to one or two of the guys, she asked to leave the house, and they didn't let her. No matter how fucked up she might be, grown men gang fucking someone so young is clearly sick. There were some teen boys involved as well. Damn, Milwaukee is fucked up. What goes on in these folks' minds? I'm so disgusted, but I should calm down and stop slacking--gotta teach in a few.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home